International Business Law: Agency, Licensing, & Distribution Agreements
- Draft, negotiate, and revise international agency agreements to enable clients to obtain the services of a foreign agent to sell their goods or services in a foreign country.
- Write, negotiate, and revise distribution agreements to enable clients to obtain the services of a foreign distributor to sell their goods or services in a foreign country.
- Write, negotiate, and revise licensing agreements to enable clients to license their technology, trademarks, copyrights and/or trade secrets to obtain royalty income from international markets.
- Provide legal advice to clients regarding the establishment of branch offices and subsidiaries in foreign countries.
- Draft, negotiate, and revise joint venture agreements to enable clients to obtain the services of a joint venture partner to reproduce, warehouse, and sell the clients’ goods or services in a foreign country.
- Provide advice on export control and foreign asset control laws and regulations.
- Provide advice on minimizing U.S. income tax taxes and foreign country income taxes through use of foreign tax treaties.
- Drafted and negotiated an agreement to enable a former employer to license $1,500,000 of software and professional services to the Mexican Federal Government.
- Advised a client regarding the setting up of a subsidiary in Korea.
- Wrote and negotiated a distribution agreement with an Australian distributor for a trade school billing client.
- Represented a telecommunications provider in negotiating a joint venture agreement with a United Kingdom telecommunications provider.
- Established the international licensing and distribution program for a former employer, enabling that employer to earn over $1 million per year in international licensing income.